Monday, 12 August 2019

Grabbing for the Now

Am I the author of my Destiny?
Or is someone out there pulling my strings and reducing me to the status of a daft marionette?
How do I escape the treadmill of past errors, present stress, future worries?
Is everything connected?
May I go home now?
Who finished the tea?

Where is a Wise Guru of Life and Everything when you need one?

Like Godot, still waiting...

Since I don't know the answer to anything much really, I recently began to reduce the overwhelmingness of living to just concentrating on what I am doing at the present moment. It does not solve anything but it seems to help reduce the peripheral noise. Mindfulness it may be but I call it:

Grabbing the Now.

But a side effect is that with an occasionally clearer mind the oddest thoughts pop in to visit.

At what point in time do children start wiping up spilt jam?
Why does my dog eat compost?
How come the bees in my garden are so huge?
Why can't I buy cloth napkins locally?
Dandelions are so pretty why should I cut the grass?

...and other useful stuff like that...

If you are looking for helpful notions, you won't find them here.
But if you're looking for 'Now' moments, you might.

No comments:

Post a Comment