Thank you for having me to tea this morning.
It was lovely taking the time to sit together,
chat, laugh, eat barm breac and drink tea
although I lost count of just how many times
you refilled the pot.
I can't recall the last time I laughed,
or listened to other people's stories,
gasping in horror and delight.
I had almost forgotten how to be in company,
how it is to reach beyond the confines
of my own inner mind-scape.
It was energising to re-examine good times past,
remembering, learning a little more,
seeing it from your view-point,
knowing that we were looking back without judgement.
It was comforting to share more recent events,
find common ground, support each other perhaps,
recognise that we continue to get by.
Thank you for sharing yourself, your stories
and your garden produce.
I very much enjoyed having tea with you this morning,
but more than that,
I appreciate the time you took to be my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment